Thursday, July 22, 2010

Really, can you feel it???

Recently I had a conversation with my brother in law which was a very intruding subject. The idea of feeling the pain of a friend or brother when they are faced with trials in their life. It is easy for any of us to say "I feel your pain", but really: can you actually feel their pain or what they are going through at the moment? It took me a while thinking about this subject and I am still thinking about the subject. Unless I have experienced the same scenario, there is no way I can feel their pain or suffering. I can only be emphatic, that's it.

From a humanistic thinking, we will always tried to implied we understand what our friend is going through even with people we have never met. How many of us can say to a relative that we hardly see if they have lost a love one, "I feel your pain." We can't. How many of us can say to a friend who suffered with physical or mental challenges, "I feel you." No, we can't. It is sensible to say the phrase which produced no meaning at all. Perhaps some comfort. Maybe.

Although, I do think it's humanly the right words to say. Be careful when to say it is probably good pre-caution so you don't come out insincere. I am sure we all care for our friends and family of their feelings and trials; we would like to help as much as possible. Sometime a moment of silences is all that is needed.

No comments:

SKECHERS