Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Freaking Malwares vs Spywares

What's the difference?

Well, spywares send information about your surf behaviour and your computer to other people. Some spyware simply relays the addresses of sites you visit or terms you search for to an external server and Malware is a term meaning malicious software. So, spywares are a type of malware. Either way, it's not something you would want to have on your system.

I have been working with customers that contracts newer and newer spywares. Just like the comic book superhero theme, I work during the day as a network administrator and combats home user PC problems at night. I think it's ridiculous and also getting dangerous in the world of Internet. In a slow economy which gives people much more time to come up with harmful scripts. I will not suggest the idea of if you can win them, join them; that would be hilarious.

The best protection is having an awareness of what is out there; unfortunately most of us do not work in the Information field which makes it difficult. I would recommend installing at least two or more antispyware software on your PC. Some good ones I came across are Malwarebytes and Webroot; back to back, these two software actually does a decent job at removing some of the "craps" out there or if you are in the New Jersey area, give me a call. I'll gladly clean it up for you. For the sake of advertisement, it's www.sohocs.net.

No comments:

SKECHERS